4.01.2016

Book Recommendation: Vanishing Grace by Philip Yancey

I have read many Philip Yancey books, all of which spoke to me strongly during various seasons of my life. This book, however, not only did that but also sealed him as my favorite Christian writer.

I don't do reviews, I'm not equipped to bring justice to whatever it is I read, good or bad. But, this book called out the way the Christians' message of grace is being carried out at present in a very gracious manner that, I feel, is where the power of this book lies. The way it was written showed that Yancey practices what he preaches.

I have always been fascinated about the topic of grace. Whenever I share it to others, I always tell people that I see my 'experience and knowledge' about grace as just the tip of the iceberg and there is much more I haven't seen hidden under the water. But, this book is simply not about grace. It is about how we, as Christians, have muddled the message of grace along the way. In this book, Yancey calls everyone to reflect on how we personally carry the message of grace by addressing the fact that "... many people do not hear our message as good news".

Anyway, I do not wish to write a pitch about this book. I really just want to celebrate such a great book by writing about it. But, if ever you see it in a bookstore, I suggest you pick it up. It's not the lightest of read because every chapter will bring you to a reflection about yourself but reading it will give you a lot of learnings, written and not, to a point it's life changing.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento